Group training activities and on-the job work experience in food and agriculture for people with disabilities.
You can apply if you are:
- Over the age of 15
- Self-identify as having a disability
- Out of school.
- Legally able to work in Canada,
- Find it hard to find work or keep work
- Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits
- Want to find work and keep work
You will get training in :
- Essential Employment Skills
- Interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, Team Building
- Foodsafe Level One
- World host/Serving it Right
- First Aid and WHMIS
- Basic Food Prep Skills & Safe Food Handling
- Agriculture Basics
Program Length (16wks): February 11 to May 31, 2019. Participants are paid $12.65/hour while training and on the job.
Work placements with a host employer are 10 weeks
- Attend an optional info session at Foodshare January 14 or 21, 10 am to 12 pm.
- Complete an Application Form, email or bring it in to Nanaimo Foodshare and set up an interview time after you have both forms completed
- Application deadline January 30, 2019. Interviews start on January 28.
Partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for People with Disabilities.
Download the Cultivating Abilities – Participant Application Form.