This annual event, which is put on jointly by the Nanaimo Foodshare Society and the Nanaimo Community Garden Society, traditionally takes place on the first Sunday of every March.
The purpose of Seedy Sunday Nanaimo is to educate and engage the community in the preservation of heritage seeds through an annual seed exchange event. The Seedy Sunday event is a vital element in the cultivation and co-creation of sustainable communities.
This event includes:
- seed exchange and sales of seed from local, organic and non-GMO sellers;
- sales of plants, veggie starts; and tubers;
- educational workshops and displays that foster home gardening and local agriculture and sustainable practices which do not rely on the use of toxic chemicals;
- sales of mason bees houses, rain barrels, composters and other tools for self-reliance;
- an activity centre for kids; and
- a seed exchange table (bring your own well marked seeds to trade).
Date: March 6th, 2022 from 10-3 at the Beban Centennial building (2300 Bowen Road)
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, anyone entering the Centennial building will need to show proof of vaccination and wear a mask.