Our once-a-month, $10 produce box helps participants stretch their food dollars while providing affordable access to nutritious fruits and vegetables.
We buy fresh produce in bulk from wholesalers to help you get more good food for less money. Every Good Food Box contains up to 75 servings of fruits and vegetables worth $15 or more. That’s almost two weeks’ worth of the Canada Food Guide daily recommendations for an average adult.
About the Good Food Box
- The Good Food Box is purchased ahead of time based on the number of people ordering, therefore must be pre-ordered and pre-paid.
- You can order online with Visa, Mastercard or Interac. You can also visit Nanaimo Foodshare in person at 271 Pine Street to order and pre-pay with cash.
- The deadline to order the Good Food Box is the first Wednesday of the month.
- Good Food Box pickup is on the second Wednesday of every month.
- Pick up is between 11 am and 2 pm at the Salvation Army Church on 505 8th Street. Orders not picked up by 2 pm on order day will be donated to community food programs. Due to COVID-19, we are currently exploring ways to facilitate delivery or pick up with appropriate social distancing. Please stay tuned.
- Nanaimo Community Kitchens Society offers “Cooking Out of the Box” classes each month where they reach participants how to cook healthy, nutritious and inexpensive meals with the food supplied that month. These have been put on hold at this time due to COVID-19.