You can apply if you are:
- Over the age of 15
- Self-identify as having a disability
- Out of school.
- Legally able to work in Canada,
- Find it hard to find work or keep work
- Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits
- Want to find work and keep work
You will get training in :
- Essential Employment Skills
- Interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, Team Building
- Foodsafe Level One
- World host/Serving it Right
- First Aid and WHMIS
- Basic Food Prep Skills & Safe Food Handling
- Agriculture Basics
Program Length (16wks): October 15th 2018 to January 25th 2019
Participants are paid $12.65/hour while training and on the job. Work placements are 10 weeks
Work placements are 10 weeks
- Attend an information session at Foodshare: October 2nd or 9th, 10 am to noon
- Complete an Application Form and email or bring it into Nanaimo Foodshare and set up an interview time after you have both forms completed
- Application deadline October 9th, 2018. Interviews start on October 4th
Partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for People with Disabilities.
Download the Cultivating Abilities - Participant Application Form.