Group training activities and on-the job work experience in food and agriculture for people with diverse abilities (disabilities).
You can apply if you are:
- Over the age of 15
- Self-identify as having a disability
- Out of school
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Find it hard to find work or keep work
- Not receiving Employment Insurance benefits
- Want to find work and keep work
You will get training in :
- Essential Employment Skills
- Interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, Team Building
- Foodsafe Level One
- World host/Serving it Right
- First Aid and WHMIS
- Basic Food Prep Skills & Safe Food Handling
- Agriculture Basics
Program Length (16wks): June 10th to September 27th, 2019. Participants are paid $12.65/hour ($13.85/hr after June 1st) while training and on the job. Work placements with a host employer are 10 weeks.
- Attend an optional info session at Foodshare: May 14th or 21st 10 am to 12 pm
- Complete an Application Form, email or bring it in to Nanaimo Foodshare and set up an interview time after you have both forms completed
- Application deadline May 29th 2019. Interviews start on May 27th.
Partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for People with Disabilities.
Download the Cultivating Abilities - Participant Application Form.