Partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for People with Disabilities, the Cultivating Abilities program provides group training activities and on-the job work experience in food and agriculture for people with disabilities.
The program is open to those who want to find and keep work and who:
- are over the age of 15;
- self-identify as having a disability;
- are out of school;
- are legally able to work in Canada;
- find it hard to find work or keep work;
- are not receiving Employment Insurance benefits;
- want to find and keep work.
Participants receive training in:
- essential employment skills including interpersonal communication, conflict resolution and team building;
- FoodSafe Level One;
- Serving it Right;
- First Aid and WHMIS;
- basic food preparation and safe food handling skills; and
- agriculture basics.
Programs run for 16 weeks and participants are paid $14.60/hour while training and during their 10-week work placement.
The next intake runs from
Apply today! Applications must be submitted by September 16th, 2020.
For information about the upcoming intake, please contact Skills@nanaimofoodshare.ca.