Interested in participating with an Urban Farm Project?
Growing Opportunities and Nanaimo Foodshare have partnered to bring an urban farm project to Nanaimo.
This project is designed to increase community food security, engage community members and organizations in growing food collectively.
The project includes:
- A Demonstration site for seed production
- Variety trials for organic varieties of crops (farm research)
- Learning/teaching/DOING Farming techniques
- Efficient water utilization
- Organic production methods
The goal is to increase personal food security for participants and to produce food for the community through sales and use in Foodshare programs. We all share in the food.
The project is open to people of all abilities.
We are inviting community members and organizations to learn about the project, volunteer opportunities, participate in planning including crop selection and site utilization.
For more information, please call Craig Evans at 250-753-3070 or Jen Cody 250-753-9393