Position: Executive Director
Salary: $ 59,670 – $72,930 dependant upon education and experience
We are seeking a collaborative, community-minded, and growth-oriented individual to strengthen and lead our organization. The Executive Director ensures the successful delivery of Foodshare’s mission and mandate, as approved by the Board and provides strategic and operational leadership in helping identify organizational priorities and objectives, directing staff, raising funds, ensuring financial sustainability, and representing the organization externally.
The ideal candidate has 3 – 5 years of senior management experience, a bachelor’s degree in a related field and brings the following attributes to the role:
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to set and achieve strategic objectives, manage a budget, and foster an effective, collaborative team of staff and volunteers
- A track record of raising philanthropic funds and/or developing social enterprises
- Community relations experience with the ability to engage a range of stakeholders
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A thoughtful but action-oriented approach to program planning and delivery
- The ability to think big and connect the dots between ideas and initiatives, but also comfortable rolling up your sleeves and diving in
Nanaimo Foodshare Society connects the community with resources, skills and knowledge to create change that increases access to healthy food for everyone. Through our programs, Foodshare supports local sustainable food, helps build food policy, and develops coordinated community strategies to improve food security.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada. Nanaimo Foodshare is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and genders. Please apply through this posting on the Indeed website.
Deadline for applications is June 18, 2021
Thanks to all who apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.