Established in 1997 and registered as a charity in 2000, Nanaimo Foodshare Society connects the community with resources, skills, and knowledge to create change that increases healthy food for everyone.
- Work with community partners to address hunger in the community
- Build food skills
- Bring the community together to share resources
- Build community capacity to provide healthy foods to everyone.
Through our programs, we support local sustainable food, help build food policy and develop coordinated community strategies to improve food security.
We are a registered charitable organization: 887234524 RR 0001
Our mission: “Through education and facilitation, we strengthen and support sustainable community food systems.”
Our vision: “Our community food systems provide enough healthy local food for all to be nourished.”
Staff & Governance
Executive Director: Jen Cody
Finance/General Manager: Lisa Guizzo
- Denise Neilson-Bullock, president
- Casey Mitchell, vice-president
- Blake McGuffie, treasurer
- Jeremy Shumuk, secretary
- Sutton Eaves, at large
- Craig Evans, at large
- Jenna McCullough, at large
- Laura McLeod, at large
Nanaimo Foodshare is one of eight Vancouver Island Health Authority Island Food Security Hubs across the island. The Food Security Hubs are a collective of organizations working together with Island Health and other community partners across the Island Region to support healthy food systems, address food insecurity and ultimately improve health.